The Calvin Peete Cup
The Calvin Peete Series operates a yearlong points system similar to the PGA, LPGA, and other major golf tours. The chart below lists the various ways a player can earn points and the quantity awarded for each accomplishment. This points system will be used to determine the 12 players in each age division that will be invited to compete in the season-ending Tour Championship. At the conclusion of the Tour Championship, the participant with the most points in each age division will be presented the “Calvin Peete Cup.”
NEW FOR 2021: The final three events of the year and the Tour Championship will be the Calvin Peete Cup Playoffs. The first playoff event will award double points for first, second, and third place (200, 100, and 50 points, respectively). Additionally, points award in each subsequent playoff event will double the previous event (i.e. first place in the second event will be awarded 400 points, 800 for the third, and 1,600 for the fourth).
ABOUT CALVIN PEETE: A renowned professional golfer, Calvin Peete won 12 PGA TOUR events between 1979 and 1986, including The PLAYERS Championship at TPC Sawgrass in 1985. Along with being one of the most prolific winners of the decade, Peete was the straightest hitter on the PGA Tour winning the driving accuracy title for ten consecutive years (1981-1990). The PLAYERS Championship victory combined with being a member of the 1983 and 1985 U.S. Ryder Cup teams earned him the position of being the most successful African American golfer until the emergence of Tiger Woods. Mr. Peete was a resident of Jacksonville and passionate about sharing golf with the children in his community. That passion was integral in the success of The First Tee of Jacksonville which now serves as First Tee – North Florida.
HOW TO EARN POINTS:
- PLAYers must report all points earned outside of Calvin Peete Series events in a given month by emailing email@example.com within the first seven days of the following month (i.e. all points earned in the month of April must be reported by May 7th.) IMPORTANT NOTE: It is the sole Responsibility of the PLAYer to report all points earned outside of Calvin Peete Series Events.
- TFTNF staff will award all points earned in Calvin Peete Series events (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and entry into an event).
- Only points earned in the previous month can be reported.
- Updated points standings will be posted online within five business days of each event.
|Point Earning Accomplishments||Points Earned|
|1st Place in a Calvin Peete Series event*||100|
|2nd Place in a Calvin Peete Series event*||50|
|3rd Place in a Calvin Peete Series event*||25|
|Play in a Calvin Peete Series event*||25|
|Register for an LSE session||25|
|Play 9 holes outside of The First Tee (limited to four 9-hole rounds per week)||5|
|Play a tournament on another Junior Tour (capped at 1 outside tournament per week)||20|
|Refer a friend to register for an LSE session||100|
|Successfully complete PLAYer assessment||50|
|Successfully complete Par assessment||100|
|Successfully complete Birdie assessment||150|
|Successfully complete Eagle assessment||200|
|Successfully complete ACE assessment||350|
|Achieve A/B Honor Roll on Report Card||100|
|Two hours of community service (up to 8 hours per day)||25|
2021 Calvin Peete Series
Things To Know
Registration for all Spring events (February-May) opens on Monday, January 11th
A 2021 Junior Membership is required to register for tournaments
Age divisions are based on the participants age as of September 1, 2021
Lil’ Linksters Division: 5-7 years old
Futures Division: 8-10 years old
Champions Division: 11-13 years old
Pros Division: 14 years old & up
– A double-par per hole limit applies to all age divisions.
– Lil’ Linksters (850-1,000 yards) and Futures (1,000-1,200 yards) play 6 hole tournaments.
– Champions (2,400-2,800 yards) and Pros (2,800-3,400 yards) play 9 hole tournaments.
– Caddies are not permitted. A Coach walks with every Lil’ Linksters and Futures group to teach and help with scoring, rules, etiquette, and pace of play.
|Event Date||Event Name||Event Location||Pros &
|Beaches Classic||Jacksonville Beach
|11:30am||12:00pm||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE|
|1:00pm||1:30pm||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE|
|1:00pm||1:30pm||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE|
|Memorial Open||Fernandina Beach
2021 Calvin Peete Cup Standings
2020 Calvin Peete Cup Results
Congratulations to our 2020 Calvin Peete Cup winners!
Lil’ Linksters (5-7 Years Old)
Calvin Peete Cup – Camden Swindle (2,477.5 points)
Runner Up – Caden Adcock (1,582.5)
Third Place – Finn Reilly (987.5)
Futures (8-10 Years old)
Calvin Peete Cup – Ben Strongosky (2,025 points)
Runner Up – Greyson Pasek (1,770)
Third Place – Josiah Foster (862.5)
Champions (11-13 years old)
Calvin Peete Cup – Caitlyn Lavant (1,878 points)
Runner Up – Bryson Hughes (1,701.5)
Third Place – Eli Robshaw (1,690)
Pro’s (14 and up years old)
Calvin Peete Cup – Jacob Davis (2,681.25 points)
Runner Up – Yuriy Dekalskyy (1,492.5)
Third Place – Arlaud, Ashtin (1,067.5)