Our LPGA*USGA Girls Golf Program is a great way to introduce your girl to the game of golf, new friends, and First Tee – North Florida. Our classes and events help build confidence and friendship with other girls from the community. Our Girls Golf Coach Team includes female mentors who guide the girls through activities designed to enhance their golf and leadership skills. This program helps build leaders and discuss what females can achieve in sport and the community.
LPGA Girls Golf membership is open to all girls, ages 5-18. All skill levels are welcome, and golf clubs are provided if you need them.
Follow GIRLS GOLF – FIRST TEE – NORTH FLORIDA on Social Media:
New Facebook Page: @girlsgolfFTNorthFlorida
Learn more about Girls Golf by scrolling below:
• LPGA*USGA Girls Golf Membership
• Our Weekly Girls Golf Classes
• Our Girls Golf Events
• The Girls Golf “eLeader” Program
LPGA*USGA GIRLS GOLF MEMBERSHIP
It’s FREE to sign up for official membership in LPGA*USGA Girls Golf! Once you’re a registered member of LPGA*USGA Girls Golf for the calendar year, you’re eligible to participate in our Chapter Girls Golf classes and events, and you can get other great perks, too! LPGA*USGA Girls Golf members receive official Girls Golf membership gifts (including fun logo’d golf merchandise and accessories), and are granted free entry to LPGA Tour, Symetra Tour, and USGA Championships.
For more information about LPGA*USGA Girls Golf – First Tee – North Florida, contact Linda Johnson, at email@example.com, or 904-586-4854.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LPGA GIRLS GOLF MEMBERSHIP:
• LPGA*USGA Girls Golf Membership at First Tee – North Florida is required to participate in our Girls Golf Classes and our Golf & Social Events — it’s free to join LPGA*USGA Girls Golf! Please note that the First Tee – North Florida Junior Membership – a separate annual paid membership through our Chapter – is also required to attend all of our Girls Golf Classes and Events (unless otherwise noted).
• HOW TO SIGN UP: Register for your free calendar-year 2021 LPGA Girls Golf Membership through the LPGA Girls Golf mobile app on your smartphone. Be sure to select “Girls Golf at First Tee of North Florida” AND make it your “Home” Girls Golf Site (the little “house” next to our name will then turn pink) — that’s the only way to be an official LPGA Girls Golf Member at our location and be included on our chapter LPGA Girls Golf roster and mailing list, so that you get notified of events and updates. LPGA encourages the use of the LPGA Girls Golf mobile app. LPGA Girls Golf membership runs for a calendar year and must be renewed annually. See the link below for Girls Golf App details.
• Once the 2021 LPGA Girls Golf Membership Packets become available, we will distribute them to Girls Golf Members at our Girls Golf Classes and at our Events (one packet per Girls Golf Member). You can also arrange to pick up your Girls Golf membership packet at our Chapter Office by contacting Linda Johnson (above). We will also offer a Girls Golf packet mailing option for $5; mail sign-up info details will be available soon.
SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE 2021 LPGA*USGA GIRLS GOLF MEMBERSHIP
WITH THE LPGA GIRLS GOLF APP: Click the phone below to learn more!
2021 — SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS OF GIRLS GOLF MEMBERS WEARING GIRLS GOLF HATS AND GIRLS GOLF GEAR!
We want to see photos of our Girls Golf Members wearing their Girls Golf hats and using their Girls Golf bags while playing golf, engaging in sports and hobbies, attending school, or whatever else they do! Please send photos to Coach Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include girl’s first name, a short description of what she’s doing, and consent of a parent/guardian for us to use the photo in our social media pages. We’ll connect one of the Girls Golf 5E’s with the photo to make a short story (or, tell us which one of the 5E’s work best for you!). You might be in one of our features! Get involved today!
WEEKLY GIRLS GOLF CLASS
We offer a weekly Girls Golf class at our local area golf course sites! Girls Golf Class costs $40-60 for each session (4-5 weeks, depending on seasonal session/location). Girls from every level of the First Tee program, ages 5-18, are welcome. Along with an introduction to the First Tee Nine Core Values, Girls Golf participants will gain a deeper understanding of The Five E’s of LPGA*USGA Girls Golf:
- ENRICH girls lives by expanding their minds and horizons
- ENERGIZE girls with passion for the game of golf
- EMPOWER girls with confidence and inspire them to dream BIG
- ENGAGE girls with positive female role models and mentors
- EXERCISE girls’ minds and bodies helping them unlock their full potential
2021 GIRLS GOLF CLASSES (Weekly Sessions):
(Girls Golf Classes are listed under the course location in the registration system; please note our Chapter rain and refund policy for classes)
SUMMER SESSION I (Four Weeks) – Begins Week of June 7; Ends Saturday, July 3
(Registration closes June 2):
Brentwood Golf Course: Mondays, 5:30-7pm ($50)
Palm Valley Golf Club: Saturdays, 3-4pm ($40)
SUMMER SESSION II (Four Weeks) – Begins Week of July 12; Ends Saturday, August 7
(Registration closes July 7):
Brentwood Golf Course: Mondays, 5:30-7pm ($50)
PGA Tour Superstore: Tuesdays, 6-7:30pm ($50)
Palm Valley Golf Club: Saturdays, 3-4pm ($40)
• LPGA*USGA 2021 Girls Golf Membership at First Tee – North Florida is required to participate in Girls Golf Classes. See LPGA Membership information, above, to sign up – LPGA Girls Golf Membership is free to join.
• A separate 2021 Junior Membership purchased from First Tee – North Florida is required to participate in all weekly classes. Junior Membership cost for 2021 is $55 per participant. CLICK HERE for more Junior Membership information.
GIRLS GOLF EVENTS
In addition to classes, our Girls Golf program conducts Golf & Social Events designed to be fun, engaging, and empowering for all girls, ages 5-18. We intend to offer 10-15 Girls Golf special events during the calendar year, so be sure to check here regularly for updates. PLEASE NOTE: Registration through our online system is the only way to get your name on our official attendee list for each event, whether or not there is an event fee. An RSVP on the mobile Girls Golf App won’t get you on “the list.” Register for events through the button below!
• LPGA*USGA 2021 Girls Golf Membership at First Tee – North Florida is required to participate in our Girls Golf Events. See LPGA Membership information, above, to sign up for your free calendar-year LPGA Girls Golf Membership.
• A separate 2021 Junior Membership purchased from First Tee – North Florida is required to participate in our Girls Golf Events (unless otherwise noted). Junior Membership cost for 2021 is $55 per participant. CLICK HERE for more Junior Membership information.
Unless otherwise noted, Girls Golf Events are listed
under the category “LPGA*USGA Girls Golf” in the registration system;
please note that we are unable to issue refunds for no-shows or absences
on the day of or after the event has occurred
2021 GIRLS GOLF EVENTS:
REGISTRATION OPENS June 3 for 2nd ANNUAL RED, WHITE & BLUE GOLF SKILLS CHALLENGE,
July 1: see below
• JULY 19-23: GIRLS GOLF SUMMER CAMP
Half-Day Summer Camp, 9am-12pm, Cost: $150 per week (First Tee – North Florida Junior Member);
$190 (Without First Tee – North Florida Junior Membership)
Brentwood Golf Course, 1157 MB01 Golfair Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32209
Course phone: 904-924-0401
Girls will learn golf skills, have fun practices, learn more about the 5E’s of Girls Golf, play golf games and participate in fitness activities. We’ll feature theme days. Bring water and snacks. Golf clubs provided, if necessary. What a fun way to spend a week! LPGA*USGA Girls Golf 2021 Membership is required to attend (see above). NOTE: First Tee – North Florida Junior Membership is optional for this event. Girls Golf Summer Camp is listed under the “Summer Camp” category/golf course location in the registration system.
• JULY 1: 2nd ANNUAL RED, WHITE & BLUE GOLF SKILLS CHALLENGE
St. Johns Golf Club (SR 207), 5:30-7:30pm
4900 Cypress Links Blvd., Elkton, FL 32033
Course phone: 904-209-0350
So much fun last year, it’s back for the second time! Girls will compete at skills contests for points: putting, chipping, long drive. Age-based groups. Girls must be able to hit the golf shots on their own – no coaching allowed! Prizes for top points in each age group at each skill, plus overall Grand Champion. Wear your best red, white and blue outfit – it’s OK to get a little crazy (as long as you can hit a golf ball in it). Prize for best-dressed. Open to all LPGA*USGA Girls Golf Members at First Tee – North Florida, ages 5-18, but must be able to hit golf shots without coaching and keep up pace of play. Details on the registration page. NOTE: Memberships required: 2021 LPGA*USGA Girls Golf Membership and First Tee – North Florida Junior Membership. Registration opens June 3; registration closes June 27.
PAST 2021 EVENTS – see photos on our social media pages (hopefully, you were there!):
• WOMEN’S GOLF DAY CELEBRATION at PGA TOUR SUPERSTORE, JAX
• SUMMER FLAMINGO PARTY, 5/22
• EARTH DAY SOCIAL MEDIA GOLF BALL DECORATING, 4/22
• EASTER EGG HUNT AND HOPPIN’ AROUND GOLF, at St. Johns Golf Club, 4/3
• SHAMROCKIN’ GIRLS GOLF SPRING BREAK CAMP DAY, at Grand Reserve Golf Club, 3/17
• GOLF RULES! ahead of International Women’s Day, at St. Johns Golf Club, 3/7
• SWEETHEART SCRAMBLE at Palm Valley Golf Club, 2/28
GIRLS GOLF eLEADER PROGRAM
The LPGA Girls Golf “eLeader” program is a national volunteer and mentorship opportunity for Girls Golf advocates, ages 13 – 17, who are looking for ways to give back to help their local program. In addition to making a difference in your community, you’ll build professional and leadership skills that will help you prepare for life beyond high school.
Enrolling as an eLeader is the perfect way to earn volunteer service hours and gain experience in teaching, marketing, event/tournament management, communication, technology, and more! Not to mention, your service as a Girls Golf eLeader makes a great addition to your resume and college application!
Once your 20+ volunteer hours have been completed, you’ll receive the following perks:
- A college recommendation letter provided by the Site Director
- Opportunity to complete your high school service hours
- A special eLeader gift upon enrollment and a “thank you” gift for completing your 20+ service hours
- Opportunity to be included in a Leadership Academy and other national events
- Opportunity to be selected as eLeader of the Month (June – September)